MoP - Management of Portfolios
Portfolio Management is a discipline whose time has come - the importance of prioritization of projects and programmes to achieve real benefits is vitally important as organizations face the challenge: "do more, with less."
Advantage Learning ran the world's first MoP course in March, 2011. Our expert MoP certified trainers will help you get MoP qualified now on our public schedule classes - or at your company site, anywhere in the world.
MoP is the Portfolio Management standard available from OGC which enables you to:
- Run the right projects and programmes, delivering a measurable contribution to strategic objectives
- Remove redundant and duplicate projects and programmes
- Realize benefits that align with corporate strategy
- Report effectively to improve transparency, accountability and corporate governance
Real savings, benefits and improvements are possible with effective Portfolio Management:
- A portfolio management approach in the UK Criminal Justice System was credited with increasing benefits by 300%
- The Harvard Business Review reported that SmithKline Beecham used Portfolio management to increase the expected value of its drug development portfolio by $2.6bn (25%)
- Researchers at MIT reported cost saving of 40% using 'synchronized' Portfolio Management
MoP - Management of Portfolios: information and resources
Request the MoP - Management of Portfolios checklist
MoP - Management of Portfolios - Portfolio definition and Portfolio delivery cycles
MoP - Management of Portfolios - 5 Principles of Portfolio Management